Health & Safety Notice
New Start Recovery remains open and committed to providing critical addiction treatment amidst coronavirus. We are continuing to admit clients with increased precautions and will continue to do so until further notice.
“Our goal is to always keep our clients & your loved ones safer in our care than anywhere else.”
We are taking extreme precautionary measures to ensure our clients safety as well as ensuring their comfort and concerns are continuously managed during this time and attempting to reduce anxiety for our clients in an uncertain situation.
Our Staff is Prepared
The safety and wellness of our clients and staff is always our main concern. Here is an update on the health precautions we are taking across the facilities:
- Increased housekeeping and sanitizing procedures for infection control, specifically in areas of high usage such as door handles, communal areas, etc. Following all guidelines set by the State of California and The Joint Commission.
- Increased sanitary supplies including antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, bleach, and disinfectant sprays.
- Increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete and thorough wipe down of all residences and common areas.
- Implemented additional staff training and education on appropriate hygiene protocols and all staff are aware of all prevention, management, and containment protocols.
All employees who show any potential signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home and not allowed to return until cleared medically. (Symptoms are fever, coughing and respiratory issues)
Employees planning to travel out of the country, go on a cruise or visit a highly infected area will not be allowed to work until medically cleared and after a 14-day self-quarantine.
All staff that is not required to have client interaction are working remotely.
No site visits or tours will be allowed until deemed appropriate.
Visitors, delivery staff or contractors will not be allowed into the facility.
Keeping Clients Safe
For our clients we have and will be implementing:
- All new clients will be prescreened with specific questions relating to the coronavirus and recommended by the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization) clients will be denied admission if there are any red flags. Screening: New Start Recovery screens all patients prior to admission to determine personal travel history, potential exposure, potential contact with someone who has traveled to areas of concern, any direct contact by the patients with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, and any symptoms of illness. Those who screen positive will not be admitted to treatment. Those who screen negative will be eligible for admission.
- All client outings have been temporarily postponed (this includes outside meetings).
- All grocery shopping will be done by staff, we have also stocked up on food, vitamins, and all essential items that may be needed by clients during this period.
- Clients have been instructed to report to medical staff any symptoms.
- Constant hand washing throughout the day.
Our therapists have been trained on the effects of anxiety related to COVID-19 and are running groups at facilities to address concerns.
We are constantly monitoring daily updates.
From the DOH and the CDC as well as the CA Department of Health, key government, regulatory, and local entities for the latest information and guidelines. As a treatment center, we already follow incredibly strict health and safety guidelines including frequent sanitation and medical infection control procedures. Our goal is to continue to provide the best care for our clients and staff in the safest way possible.
In the midst of a pandemic, we must not forget our nation is STILL facing an opioid crisis. Every day, people are continuing to reach out for help. Though COVID-19 warrants necessary precautions to keep people safe, individuals struggling with substance use disorders should not be prohibited from receiving life-saving treatment.